Violet Evergarden Gaiden: Eternity and the Auto Memories Doll (ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン 外伝 - 永遠と自動手記人形 -, Vaioretto Evāgāden Gaiden - Eien to Jidō Shiki Ningyō -?, Violet Evergarden Side Story: Eternity and the Auto Memories Doll) is a side story to the Violet Evergarden anime series, produced by Kyoto Animation. It will be screened in Japanese theaters from September 6 to September 26, 2019. 
...I sold my future in exchange for protecting what is precious to me.
A girls' academy that only girls from respectable families could attend. For Isabella York, who attends it under a "contract" with her father, this beautiful place where white camellias bloom is nothing more than a prison...
Before Isabella, who had lost all hope and expectations for her future, Violet Evergarden, hired as her tutor, appears.
- by Minori Chihara
- Director: Haruka Fujita
- Supervising Director: Taichi Ishidate
- Script: Reiko Yoshida, Takaaki Suzuki, Tatsuhiko Urahata
- Character Designer/Chief Animation Director: Akiko Takase
- World Setting: Takaaki Suzuki
- Art Director: Mikiko Watanabe
- 3D Art: Joji Unoguchi
- Art Design: Yūka Yoneda
- Prop Design: Hiroyuki Takahashi
- Director of Photography: Kōhei Funamoto
- Sound Director: Yōta Tsuruoka
- Music: Evan Call
- Violet Evergarden - Yui Ishikawa
- Isabella York - Minako Kotobuki
- Taylor Bartlett - Aoi Yūki
- Claudia Hodgins - Takehito Koyasu
- Benedict Blue - Kōki Uchiyama
- Cattleya Baudelaire - Aya Endō
- Erica Brown - Minori Chihara
- Iris Cannary - Haruka Tomatsu
- The anime had an advance screening at Germany's AnimagiC convention which ran from August 3 to 4, 2019.
- The anime was originally slated for a two week only screening, but was extended to three weeks after the Kyoto Animation fire.
- Moviegoers will receive a randomly chosen original short story written by the light novels' author, Kana Akatsuki.
- Weeks 1-2: Anne Magnolia and Her Nineteenth Birthday, Leon Stephanotis and His First Star, Charlotte Abelfreyja Drossel and the Forest Kingdom
- Week 3: Isabella York and the Rain of Flowers, and a case for storing the short stories.