Violet Evergarden the Movie (劇場版ヴァイオレットエヴァーガーデン, Gekijouban Vaioretto Evāgāden?) is a movie released for the Violet Evergarden anime series, produced by Kyoto Animation. It originally had a release date for April 24, 2020, but later became delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is now scheduled for release on September 18, 2020. It is the finale of the anime series.
The name of the girl who writes on behalf of others is "Violet Evergarden".
Several years have passed since the end of the war that had deeply injured people.
The world is gradually regaining its peace, life changes with the development of new technologies, and people advancing forward.
While holding her feelings for her important person, Violet Evergarden tries to live in this world without that person.
One day, a letter is found...
Theme song: Will
- by TRUE
- Director: Taichi Ishidate
- Script: Reiko Yoshida
- Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Akiko Takase
- World Setting: Takaaki Suzuki
- Art Director: Mikiko Watanabe
- 3D Art: Joji Unoguchi
- Color Design: Yuka Yoneda
- Prop Design: Hiroyuki Takahashi
- Director of Photography: Kohei Funamoto
- 3D Director: Rin Yamamoto
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka
- Music: Evan Call
- The movie was originally scheduled to be released on January 10, 2020, but was moved to April 24, 2020. The date was moved once again and is now slotted for a September 18, 2020 release.
- Moviegoers will randomly receive one of three booklets containing a short story written by Kana Akatsuki: Benedict Blue's Violet, Oscar's Little Angel, and Violet Evergarden If.
- Starting October 2, moviegoers will receive a booklet with the short story Gilbert Bougainvillea and the Fleeting Dream.